Lizzy has been waking up 3-4 (sometimes 5) times each night. We are SO tired! I even posted it on facebook and lovely friends and family offered suggestions.
Last night, Lizzy only woke up one time (2:00 a.m.). I went in to see what she needed. She was cold, as usual. I told her not to kick off the blanket again, or she would go in timeout. I guess it worked, she didn't wake up again. I just checked on her and the blanket is still on her.
I hate having to threaten with timeout, but are you kidding me? How many times do we have to go in every night to put the blanket on her? I thought she was genuinely cold, because the blanket fell off. Rob has seen Lizzy toss the blanket off her and then say, "I'm cold."
She is such a sweetie. She is our little joy! I love watching her grow and develop. Lately, she has been adding a lot of detail to her drawings. She has been drawing circles for several months. Now she is adding eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, legs, and arms to her circles. She will even say, "He's mad, He's happy, He's sad." This is exciting to me. If you ask a child to draw a picture of a person, the amount of detail they add to the picture tells you how ready they are to begin writing (actually forming letters and getting handwriting instruction).
Last night, she put a dot of peanut butter on each cheek, her chin, and her forehead. Then, she said she made a happy face as she traced a smile from cheek to cheek. She's so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment