Saturday, March 7, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Wow! Has it been two months already?

Lizzy had her first swimming lesson today. Unfortunately, it wasn't that great of an experience for me! Lizzy was fine, she recovered well. Me? Still trying to get the haunting image out of my head.

The lifeguard at the YMCA was putting the toddlers, one at a time, on the step in the deep end. She put the child on the step, turned, got the next child, etc... WELL! Lizzy innocently took a step and fell into the deep water. The lifeguard was getting another child and Lizzy had that helpless-reaching-out for help- look on her face UNDER THE WATER!!!!!!!!! Needless, to say, I was upset. I said, "HEY! SHE'S UNDER THE WATER!!!!!!" The lifeguard turned around and grabbed Lizzy. She wasn't there long, but wow, my heart is still racing.

I remember that look many years ago, when my sister's little boy, Michael, fell in the water. I remember reaching in and grabbing him. I thought it would never happen again.

Lizzy bounced back very well. She sat on the edge of the pool, playing with her friend Lucy. She even wanted the lifeguard to come with her to play in the shallow end after the lesson. She loved her time in the pool. Next week, I am going to make sure the lifeguard puts the floatation belts on, one at a time, as the child goes into the pool, NOT after all are in and one has sunk beneath the water. SCARY!!!

No comments:

Why Mormons Build Temples

The Freedom To...

States I Have Visited

States I Have Visitied
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com