Sunday, April 12, 2009

Waiting for the Shower

Usually, for Sundays, I shower the night before. However, I was too tired. So now I am waiting for the shower. I may as well blog!

Yesterday we saw family for an Easter get-together. Lizzy was very nervous before and upon arrival. She doesn't remember meeting a lot of her cousins and grandparents. She quickly warmed up when hunting for easter eggs. She didn't actually find a whole lot, neither did Lenora's girls and Jared. So, I hid all their eggs again and again. We searched for eggs 3 times. They had a lot of fun. Lizzy didn't end up with a whole lot, but she just likes to find the eggs. She didn't care how many she got. She really enjoyed her time with the cousins. As we left, I asked if she liked her grandparents. She said, "Yes!" Then, she said, "I have TWO granpas and TWO nanas," not to mention all the cousins. She has around 25 (give or take a few) cousins just on my side. She has almost 10 on Rob's side. She is lucky to have such a big family.

As I grew up, I only saw my grandparents a couple of times a year. Mostly, I saw cousins at funerals and there weren't a lot of cousins. I have never met the cousins from my mom's side. They all live so far away. I have met my mom's parents a couple of times. I am so glad Lizzy has a different life. I didn't think I missed a lot, but she loves spending time with them. She loves to go see her cousins.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It is wonderful that you have the opportunities to be with you extended family! Enjoy.

Why Mormons Build Temples

The Freedom To...

States I Have Visited

States I Have Visitied
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com