Lizzy finished her first set of swim lessons last Saturday. Now, we finally get to sleep in... But wait, a new idea!
Rob has been coaching ice skating for several months, now. He used to do it right after school, so Lizzy and I could never make it there. He recently picked up a class on Saturday mornings. Now, that swim lessons are over, Lizzy and I went to watch Papa teach today. We were too late to watch, but Rob put the smallest pair of ice skates available, size 7, too big, on Lizzy and took her out on the ice. Lizzy was so excited. She immediately stopped watching her Saturday morning cartoon and promptly walked to the door when I said, "Let's go ice skating."
At first, on the ice, she didn't know what to think. As she kept trying to "march" or "walk" on the ice, she would slip. Rob always had her hands, but the fear was coming in her eyes. After about 5 minutes, Rob just skated around with her, holding her hands, and letting her "glide" across the ice. She really enjoyed that. Her comment, "Next time, will you please not help me Papa. I want to do it all by myself. I will go really far away (on the ice) and come back to my Mommy." Rob said, "Okay." I have a feeling she will be wanting help after the first few slips or falls. :(
3 comments:
Can Rob or you teach me to ice skate? Or maybe I could bring Daniel and Jacob to try skating now and then...let me know where or when or just anything...that sounds like fun.
Rob used to be a figure skater. He was a 1998 olympic hopeful. Then, he hurt his back and went on a mission.
I think it's great that Lizzy learned to swim it is very important all children learn how to. Ice skating is fun, I think it's cool that Rob is showing Lizzy how. Remember how fun it was when we went downtown to the iceskating rink when we were younger. I thought it would be cool to take the kids to try it out, but I didn't know there was still one around.
Post a Comment