Friday, June 5, 2009

Fireflies

Last night, I was about to give Lizzy a bath, when Rob called. (He went to the barn to give a horse a shot, to make her ovulate. Long story. Welcome to the horse business.) He said the fireflies were out. I quickly got Lizzy and we went outside, barefoot. Barefoot is not such a big deal if you live in the city, but we have geese. They poop, green poop, all over the place. Anyway, Lizzy and I went out barefoot into the grass. Then, I had a fabulous idea. We ran inside and grabbed our bug catcher. (It's just a container designed to hold bugs, holes, string for holding it around your neck, etc...) We began to catch fireflies. Lizzy and I caught six fireflies. Then, Papa came home. He helped us catch four more and some we accidentally let out. It was so much fun. Rob was very surprised that we were outside catching fireflies and extremely surprised that I let Lizzy into the grass barefoot. Even more to his astonishment was that I was barefoot in the grass. I have always told him I like to be outside and in the grass, but I don't like to be eaten. We did have bugspray on, though. I can't go without that.

We had fun creating a family memory. Soon, I will post pictures to follow. We left the camera at Nana and Grandpa's house when we showed them the fireflies. One of the pictures, of me catching a firefly, you can actually see a little dot of a glow in the sky. It is really cool. VERY FUN!!! Go outside and catch fireflies tonight. (If you live in the plains!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you all went and caught fireflies. I remember doing that with the kids at the duplexes where we lived before. Maybe we should do that some night soon. :)

Why Mormons Build Temples

The Freedom To...

States I Have Visited

States I Have Visitied
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com