Sunday, April 10, 2011

An Eventful Week

This week was interesting. Brad, Lizzy's grandpa, has been sleeping in the office above the barn for 3 1/2 weeks. He woke up every hour to check on our mare to make sure she was okay and not in labor. Finally, Tuesday afternoon the labor began. It was an unusual labor. Horses are supposed to have their babies in about 20 minutes. She was in labor for 45 minutes. The baby colt finally landed on the ground, but he never stood. Rob and Brad took the horses to the vet hospital. Chocolate, the mare, had to be milked. The baby was bottle-fed. Thursday morning, Chocolate was put down due to complications from the delivery. As Lizzy says, "She went to live with Heavenly Father and Yoda (our dog). One day she will come back to life and we will see her again. At least she doesn't have any more pain." Friday morning, the baby colt died. Lizzy cried alot when she heard about Chocolate. When she heard about the baby colt, she said, "Well, now he's with his mom. They can be together." I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that we have taught and Lizzy understands about life after death. I know some people don't believe animals will be resurrected, but I can't help but think they will. Animals make life sweet. I can only imagine how sweet it will be in the eternities.

Along the same timeline, our septic tank became clogged. Our plumber said the septic tank was full, but that didn't make much sense to us. When we showered, the water would back up in the tub. Poor Rob had to take a shower with my shower water standing at the bottom. Thursday night it was getting so bad, that Lizzy and I showered at the office above the barn. We felt like we were camping. Friday morning, the septic tank guy came out and discovered that our septic tank was not full, but clogged. He snaked out the clog, drained our septic tank, and left our bathroom in working order. I can honestly say, I was excited to get home and clean the bathroom. However, Rob beat me to it. He cleaned, dusted, and vacuumed the entire house. What a great guy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your horses :(
I agree that the animals will be resurrected as well, they are God's animals & the Kingdom of Heaven is for all that are righteous including animals.

When we lived in the apartments behind the mall our pipes were filling up into the bathtub (remind you we are on the 2nd floor and no one below us thank goodness!) It drain from ours & go to the neighbor behind us. It was like it was a game or something w/ that water. Finally maintenance cleared the line. (I didn't tell them it was Jesse & Brandy's fault :) They played w/ their tiny legos for the 1st & last time in there. :D

Holly Baker said...

We paid someone to clean out the septic tank. The guy told us that our tank was only 1/2 full and it was really just a clog.

Just yesterday, Lizzy said she was sad thinking about Chocolate and her baby (the horses). We talked about them being happy now. That did not help her because she thought they should be sad because they missed us. I told her they are no longer in pain and they are healthy. They are also playing with our dog, Yoda. I guess that solved her concern.

Why Mormons Build Temples

The Freedom To...

States I Have Visited

States I Have Visitied
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com