
Lizzy couldn't wait to wear her gardening gloves. She had them on 15 minutes before we left the house. Apparently, though, she did NOT want her picture taken!

She's still clean and ready to pick!

The canes were thorny. I had to pull a lot of them out of the way for her to get to the berries. Most of the time, she was able to dig right in. Thank goodness for gardening gloves!

We had to make sure the berries were ALL black, no red or white. She did AWESOME!!!! She is a great blackberry picker.

One of Lizzy's bucketfulls. She actually ended up with about 4 full buckets.

Lizzy and Mommy after the first visit. The second time, my bucket was FULL!!!

Although, we finished about 10:30 in the morning, it was still in the 90s. The berry farm even allowed us to drink their water supply. The water was very refreshing. This is also the final count of all the berries we picked. Between the two of us, we picked 6 1/2 pounds of berries. Half of them are in the freezer for making jelly later in the year. We had fun and I am really glad we went.
3 comments:
It's awesome that you were able to do that with Lizzy. Our ward had a mother - daughter berry picking morning, but with Adrian needing to go to work, I didn't have anyone to leave the boys with. How did you get the pics in between the words?
Part of getting the pics between the words is knowing html coding (the mumbo jumbo that tells the internet what to do). I'm sure there is an easier way, but that's how I do it. I would have to come over and show you. Or walk you through it on the phone.
I love it! You guys are so beautiful!!
Post a Comment